[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:49:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Wayne T.
>Armbrust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > At a quad meet at Columbia between Missouri, Kansas, Wichita St., and SMU (with
>some open athletes), there were big marks in the throws.
> > Scott Russell of Kansas threw 23.71 in the weight for a Canadian Record and
>Christian Cantwell of Missouri threw 20.28 (PR) in the shot. Cantwell also had a 21+
>in the weight.>>
>
> what's that in real measure, that Americans can understand?
>
> gh

I put down what we measured, the only marks that count.  If I gave a conversion, as
sure as I'm sitting here someone would take that for the real measurement, then it
would get
converted back to metric, the process would be repeated several times, and there is a
good chance that the distances would end up as something else.

Besides, If I don't give a conversion you might be able to sell a few more of your Big
[formerly Little] [pick a color] Books.  That's probably the real reason you are
against metric
measurements, to keep selling these books :-)

--
Wayne T. Armbrust, Ph.D.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]