On Jan. 13, Garry wrote:

> If I'm reading the story on the Washington State website correctly, frosh
Tamara Diles (who was a 12-0 performer in high school last year) jumped 13-2
1/4 in her collegiate debut in December, then won the PV Summit yesterday at
14-3 1/4 yesterday. Yikes!

Just to add to the story, Tamara's Reno vault leads Mirko Jalava's current
world indoor list <http://www.tilastopaja.net/>. I wonder whether that has
ever happened with a college freshman before? Of course, it's very early in
the season and it won't last, but they can't take away from her the chance
to tell future grandchildren, "There was a time when I led the world."

Cheers,
Roger