I got some comments from a list member who disagrees with me,
but asked me to keep his comments confidential, which of course
I will do.  He suggested with his arguments that I might
want to post a retraction.
I will accept his suggestion, but instead of a retraction will
offer to restate my opinion in a 'revise and extend' mode.
(But will keep it short).

As I began my comments with my very first statement, I pointed out
that what I was going to say had nothing to do with the legal
copyright considerations, which of course take precedence.

My argument is more logical.

Why does the U.S. Federation feel that it needs to take
out a copyright on this material to begin with?  Just for
a profit to made off of it?
Might more benefit be gained by their removing all copyright
restrictions and allow free and easy dissemination?

What's the damage risk?...other than the Chinese and other
countries getting a hold of it?
I suspect that there's not a whole lot there that other
countries don't already know, so copyrighting everything
only serves to stifle the very benefit that USATF should be
looking for.

Shouldn't this information be made available to those who
might NOT have the time or resources to go to a Level I or II
class?  The benefit of attending is hands-on instruction,
question-and-answer, sharp focus, etc.
But if you CAN'T go, getting at the course material still
has SOME benefit, doesn't it?

I have trouble seeing why the USATF only wants to share the
info if you come to their school.

But I'm open to explanations.

Randy