Message text written by "Chas. L. Shaffer"

In her post-race interview at the Millrose Games, Chandra Sturrup said
something about the sprint track at Madison Square Garden being
downhill.  Bob H. and others:  what is she talking about?

In some of the camera angles of the men's sprint start, it did appear that
the track went downhill perhaps a few inches in the first couple of meters,

but of course it could have been an optical illusion.<

I have no idea what she is talking about.  I do know that the sprint track
is placed down flat on the floor of the Garden.

They play ice hockey there.

I rest my case.

Bob H