At 1:07 PM -0800 2/7/02, Paul Banta wrote:
>DEENA DROSSIN AND MEB KEFLEZIGHI RETURN TO DEFEND THEIR TITLES AT THE
>USA CROSS COUNTRY NATIONALS IN VANCOUVER THIS WEEKEND

(release snipped for brevity)

>     If Drossin competes in the women's 4-kilometer race on Sunday, it
>would mark the first major head-to-head race between Drossin and Jacobs
>since the 2000 US Olympic Trials 5000 meter race in Sacramento, CA.,
>where Drossin pushed Jacobs to an American record time of 14:45.35.
>Drossin ran a personal best of 14:45.62 in that thrilling race.

Before anyone gets on Paul Banta's case on that, that was MY mistake,
and no one else's.  I realized my mistake shortly after I sent it to
him.  Thanks to Fred Finke and everyone else for correcting me!

The correct sentence should have been, "Drossin ran 15:11.55 after
coming back off her victory in the 10000 meters at the Trials".

I apologize for that error.

Paul Merca
Sleepless in Seattle, and driving to Vancouver at 5 am!