From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 7:32 PM
Subject: t-and-f: Cannon Classic w5K lap short?

> I don't mean to doubt the times the women ran in the 5000 at this
weekend's Cannon Classic (hosted by Butler at the NIHS), but the times seem
awfully fast for some women who haven't run very fast before. I was just
wondering if any listmembers were at the meet and can confirm that they ran
25 laps (i.e. you were watching a teammate or were splitting someone).

> Finals - Results - Saturday 02/09/02
>
> PLACE ATHLETE NAME SCHOOL TIME HT
> ===== ============================ ========================= ========== ==
> 1 Gomez, Zoila Adams State College 16:20.41 P 1
> 2 Feenstra, Jenn Georgia State University 16:29.53 P 1
> 3 Barth, Susan Marquette University 16:34.03 P 1
> 4 Lawrence, Hannah Unattached 16:34.29 P 1
> 5 Krzyminski, Jamie Michigan State Univ. 16:35.99 P 1
> 6 Ford, Jennifer Univ. of North Florida 16:41.12 P 1
> 7 Evjen, Rachel Northwestern Univ. 16:43.94 P 1
> 8 Bouren, Melissa Unattached 16:45.74 P 1
> 9 Reusser, Liz University of Wisconsin 16:46.50 P 1
> 10 Lilienthal, Michelle University of Wisconsin 16:51.72 a 1
> 11 Mackie, Rebekah Western State College 16:59.37 * 1
>
> Now Feenstra qualified for NCAA cross and Barth ran 10 seconds slower on a
flat 200m track at Central Collegiates, so the times aren't outrageous, and
I know the track is super fast, but it's sometimes necessary to check such
things. Thanks for any help you can give Please respond to me off-list.