At 12:33 PM 6/20/2002 -0700, t-and-f-digest wrote..
>How often
>do you need to be told that walkers do not lift on purpose and that
>judging, to
>maintain continuity with the past, is judged as seen by the human eye?  It is
>true that some athletes can be seen to be off the ground in still photos or
>videos viewed frame by frame in events where they are not disqualified.

Why do we have an event in T&F where we KNOW that the athletes cannot
comply with the rules?  We're not figure skating or gymnastics where we can
leave such large discretion to the judges.  This situation is intolerable
for the sport to my way of thinking.   I really don't care about whether
the human eye is can detect it or not.  We went to autotiming and
plasticine to limit the influence of human judging on events.  If we can't
do the same with the walks then they shouldn't be in the sport.   This is
my last word on the subject.

Richard McCann