FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Greg Harger
317-289-4018
July 21, 2002

GREATER BOSTON WINS TRIPLE CROWN AT USA CHAMPIONSHIPS

(INDIANAPOLIS) Greater Boston TC returns to Boston, Massachusetts
with three national team titles after successfully running the gamut
at the second annual USA National Track & Field Club Championships in
Bloomington, Indiana on July 20th, 2002.  Greater Boston won the
Men's National Team Title, the Women's National Team Title, and the
overall National Team Championship Title.

Greater Boston's victory on the field of battle upset defending
champions Nashville Elite, for the men's national title, and the
Indiana Invaders, for the women's national title and the overall
national team title.

Greater Boston, with a roster of six men, finished third in the
race for the men's team title and fourth overall in 2001.  In their
return in 2002, Greater Boston brought a roster of 25 athletes that
got the job done and scored critical points in their bid for a win.
The team, for their efforts, will return to Boston with all three
of the Traveling Helmet Trophies.

Greater Boston's Art Henson and Kourtney Trainor earned Most Valuable
Athlete honors, by scoring the most points at the Club Championships,
Henson scored 27.5 points, over runner-up Bryon Campbell of North
Carolina Elite who scored 25 points, while Trainor scored an
impressive 45.5 points to outscore the Top Female Performer of the
meet, Crystal Cox of North Carolina Elite, who scored 30 points.

Cox rewrote the Club Championship's record book with her win's in
the 100, 200, and 400 while earning a 9.2 rating in the 200 with
her 22.70 performance.  Scott Boothby, of Club Northwest, earned
Top Male Performer honors with his 8.6 rated mark in the hammer
throw (69.29).

Meet Director & Team Director for the Indiana Invaders Greg Harger
said, "The growth and competiveness is the most exciting element of
the Club Championships.  We're looking forward to next year.  This
meet can definitely be a catalyst to solve our sport's developmental
challenges."  Harger added, "From a coaching standpoint, this year
was a wake-up call.  Greater Boston got the job done by recruiting
and adding to their roster. We expect that ourselves and other
returning teams next year will focus on recruiting and follow Greater
Boston's example. We plan on taking the Traveling Helmet Trophies
back next year as I'm sure several teams are planning the same
outcome for themselves."

Harger recalled from last year, "Greater Boston said when they
left last year that they would come back and win the meet.
And they did. They came back and got the job done.  We have
nothing but respect and admiration for the way they applied
themselves and I expect that the bar will be raised again at
next year's meet."

Overall, 27 records fell throughout the course of the Club
Championship.  Five Olympians competed.  Athlete participation
increased by 75%.  21 clubs, representing an overall membership
of over 8700 from communities in 15 states, scored at this year's
Club Championships.  With only two clubs scoring over 100 points
in 2001, six clubs scored over 100 points at this year's championship.

TOP 6 TEAMS OVERALL (COMBINED SCORING):
1  Greater Boston TC    355
2  Indiana Invaders     233
3  Club Northwest       124
4  Lords of the Rings   119
5  North Carolina Elite 102
6  Nashville Elite      100

TOP 5 MEN TEAMS:                  TOP 5 WOMENS TEAMS:
1  Greater Boston TC    181       1 Greater Boston TC   174
2  Club Northwest       124       2 Indiana Invaders    147
3  Nashville Elite      100       3 Lords of the Rings   57
4  Indiana Invaders      86       4 North Carolina Elite 30
5  North Carolina Elite  72       5 Parkside AC          24

USA Club Championships - Complete Results:
http://www.indianainvaders.com/releases/02/02_club_championship.html

For additional information on the Indiana Invaders, please contact
Greg Harger at 317 289-4018 or online at: ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.indianainvaders.com