Netters:

        Re the decision of the parents of the mid-Western 8th grader not to
have her run for her hS team, we have a similar situation here in NJ which
has been resolved differently, sort of a compromise

        Ken Croghan of Nutley finished two places ahead of Brianna in the 2M
at the indoor Nationals. She will enrol at a private school this fall, one
which does not have a formal CC program, But, under NJ rules, she will be
eligible to compete widely, missing only a conferenece race since her school
does not belong to any that I know of. Her coach will continue to be the one
who has handled her through her junior career.

        We have at least two other outstanding junior runners entering 9th
grade this fall. Jenn Ennis will run for her local public HS in Roxbury,
Brittnee Bynoe will run for Willingboro where her mother, a former ace
hurdler, will be one of her coaches. (Bynoe won the youth girls 1500 at the
AAU JO meet this summer).

            What will happen in a couple of years when Brianna Jackucewicz
gets to HS is still an open question. She will not enter HS until 2005 by my
reckoning. Her older sister was a member of a two-time National JO CC
championship team, ran briefly as a freshman at Colts Neck HS, but seems to
have dropped out of the sport, unlike her former teammates who will all be
prominent on the CC scene this fall.

                                                Ed Grant