--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> But USATF neglects to add that masters competed in
> the double deca (and double hep) as well

How old is Coach Janvrin?  Is he close to being a
master's competitor?

He is a stud.  I've seen him run 1:50-1 in the 800
more than once.  Even more impressive have been the
times that I've seen him roll up to a meet with the
Central Missouri team he helps coach, warm up by
taking the poles off the van and changing clothes
before vaulting 15-16' or so.  We might not fully
appreciate an athlete (or person) of Kip's caliber
until he is done competing.  I suspect, we'll see him
in master's events....

=====
Keith Whitman
Head Coach, Men's and Women's
Cross Country/Track & Field
Muskingum College, New Concord, Ohio  43762
(740) 826-8018-Office
(740) 826-8300-Fax

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute