It may not be scientific but people DO try to compare distance performances.
Compare Lopes' dismantling of the best runners of the world in the heat and
humidity of LA to the rabbited WR Rotterdam performances with perfect weather.
I don't need a slide rule to tell me what was more impressive. Some truths are
self-evident.
Regards,
Martin