Unknown to the posters, this situation has more to it than is implied in
all of the posts.  There is nothing being done by the coaches or the
school administration involved that warrant comments such as are
mentioned below ("ego and stupidity......The young people do not have to
put up with ridiculous rules....")

Before one makes statements like this, the complete facts should be
known.  However, this forum is not the place to "try" the athlete, the
school, the coaches, or the PIAA, or air the facts.  It is, as it should
be, an issue that is and should be dealt with internally within the
confines of the school system.  Just like discipline hearing are not
open to the public, internal affairs of a school system's program that
involve students and staff should only be appropriately discussed in
private.  If and when it is appropriate, the facts will be released to
the appropriate media by the parties involved.  Let the appropriate
administrative body(ies) handle this according to their policies in the
professional manor that they are entitled.  In the meantime, please let
us use this forum for what it is intended....discusion of current
coaching issues, meet results, and training information.  Leave the
other comments for the grocery store tabloids.