"Gibson had the swim of her life to beat the world record held by East
German Birgit Treiber in the 1976 Olympic final of the 400-metre
individual medley. But there was another East German in the pool that
day, Ulrike Tauber, who was more than six seconds ahead of Gibson.

"I don't talk about that any more," Gibson told The Globe and Mail when
Stasi records were being opened. "I'm a tax lawyer in Edmonton, with two
kids and a happy family and a good life."

That is more precious to her than all the golds won by the East German
juggernaut."

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/GIS.Servlets.HTMLTemplate?current_row=1&tf=tgam/search/tgam/SearchFullStory.html&cf=tgam/search/tgam/SearchFullStory.cfg&configFileLoc=tgam/config&encoded_keywords=ewald&option=&start_row=1&start_row_offset1=&num_rows=1&search_results_start=1&query=ewald

The link is kind of long. You can go here: www.globeandmail.com and
search for Ewald. Nothing new but a good reminder of the price the
athletes paid.
Regards,

Martin