Netters:

        I'm glad toi learn that the Albright case is not, as I feared,
another example of the growing discrimination against non-public school
students in the area of athletics. The situation here in NJ is reaching a
boiling point and will exoplode next week if Bobby Papazian is denied his
proper place as Somerset County runner of the year and an pbvious
second-team all-state choice by the Star Ledger.

       It is too bad that the U.S., unlike Great Britaion, does not have a
Press Council which could properly punish the outright prejudice being
exhibited by this so-called newspaper.

        We also have seen two major athletic conferences "isolate" their
non-public members in the past few years without any condemnation from the
state asociation, to whcih these scools pay the same dues as do their public
school counterparts.

        This year, we had a newsletter circulated in one of our more
prestigious suburbs, challening the propriety of a non-public school
competing in a county champion meet run by an organization of which the
non-public school is a paid-up member.

        It is little wonder, then, that the initial report on the Alrbight
case raised suspicions in my mind that it was just another sorry example of
this kind of prejudice against parents and chlldren exercising a
constitutionally protected right. In an era where we here so much about the
need for "diversity" in our society, this seems to be one area that is being
sadly neglected.

                                                                Ed Grant