> From: "nad wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:54:47 +0000
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: t-and-f: My favortie sport to pick on
>
> soccer is a great game.  too bad GH can't see that.>>

To clarify my anti-soccer kvetching: I agree it's a great game TO PLAY. I
played 6 years in junior high/high school and even played one game for
Washington State (against Gonzaga) when it was a club sport.

But the position I come from on this list in my couch-potato years is as a
fan, and as such, I abhor soccer. Paint dry.... etc., etc.

I think for me the ultimate "proof" that it's a hinky game is that a team
can play a man short for much of the game and it doesn't seem to
particularly affect the scoring. In other words, the field's too big for the
number of people on it (the opposite problem that basketball and hockey have
with today's bigger/stronger/faster players). At the risk of making futbol
purists blanch, I quite enjoy the indoor version of the game.

gh