PRESS RELEASE

LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon

       THE LASALLE BANK CHICAGO MARATHON INCREASES REGISTRATION CAP;
            Race will increase the field to 40,000 participants

Chicago (January 6, 2003) The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon announced it
will increase its registration cap from 37,500 to 40,000 participants.
For
the past two years, the previous cap was filled at least six weeks prior
Race Day.  Registration began January 1 for The 2003 LaSalle Bank Chicago
Marathon, which will take place Sunday, October 12.

Chicago Marathon we are pleased and excited to offer this event to a
record
number of participants in 2003," said Carey Pinkowski, executive race
director. "We have taken the appropriate steps to determine that we can
confidently increase the participant totals to 40,000 and continue to
produce a world class event that offers a safe and enjoyable experience
for
our participants, spectators, and residents."

With its impressive growth and top-quality elite field, The LaSalle Bank
Chicago Marathon is unquestionably one of the most acclaimed races in the
world. From 1993 to 2002, the number of registered runners grew from
6,941
to its maximum 37,500 ? a staggering 540% increase.

The 2002 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon was one of the largest marathons
in
history with 31,106 finishers. Runners came to Chicago from all 50 states
and 66 different countries.  With 65% of the marathon participants
arriving
from outside of Illinois, the Marathon is one of Chicago's most
recognizable tourism vehicles. International participation has increased
from 322 people and 39 foreign countries in 1996 to 2,852 runners
representing 66 foreign countries in 2002. In addition to the amazing
growth of the field, The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon has become one of
Chicago's favorite annual traditions with one million spectators lining
the
26.2-mile course in 2002.

"The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon has proven to be one of Chicago's most
successful events, said Jim Law, executive director, Mayor's Office of
Special Events.  "Anything we can do to open this up to more visitors and
their families from around the world so that they too can see the beauty
of
Chicago's neighborhoods and lakefront is a win for everyone."

The Marathon is open to runners who can complete the course in less than
six hours. For information call (312) 904-9800. Registration can be
completed online by visiting www.chicagomarathon.com. Registration will
close September 5, 2003 or when the cap of 40,000 runners is reached,
whichever comes first. There will be no race weekend registration.

                                   # # #