> From: Lee Nichols <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:13:48 -0600
> To: Rich Harrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: t-and-f: The REAL athlete of the year
>
> Sure he can. I probably know Blinn even better than my friend Bret
> does, since I grew up in the area. Here in Central Texas,
> "Blinndergarten" is a well-known derogatory nickname for the school. >>

Don't JCs just about everywhere get local terms of endearment?

Anybody who goes the 2-year route in my part of the world has the choice of
Foothill (in Los Altos Hills) or DeAnza (in Cupertino).

They're commonly referred to as "Harvard in the Hills" and "USC" (University
of Southern Cupertino) in a coy little bit of self-denigration.

gh