From: Post, Marty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 7:01 AM
To: 't-and-f@darkwing. uoregon. edu' (E-mail)
Subject: t-and-f: Indoor running track construction

If anyone can help, please reply off-list to: Uli Huber
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Hi,

    I am an in-house engineer of the Church of Scientology in Clearwater. We
are building a 150' radius indoor running track.  The shell and core of this
track is completed and we are starting on the planning of the interior
build-out.

    Could you refer me to someone who can answer my questions regarding this
track and making it an optimum facility.  The types of questions I have are
specifically:

        a) What is the ideal indoor running temperature?
        b) What type of ventilation is ideal for an indoor running track?
        c) What is the ideal slope, if any, on a circular running track?
        d) What other points do we need to take into account to make this an
optimum facility where people can build up their muscels to the point where
they can run 3 to 5 hours a day continuously (not fast but steady).

    Your assistance would be appreciated.

Uli Huber
Chief Design Engineer
Church of Scientology, Clearwater