notable yes, incredible no. Conversions between 3000m and 2M are still
voodoo science, to be sure, if you want 100th-second accuracy, but by no
stretch of the imagination is this even an indoor PR for Geb, who has run
7:26 for the metric distance.

Since the Africans took over distance running, and indoor venues became
banked 200m Mondo speedways I think you could count with your fingers--and
have some left over--the number of world-class 2M races that have been
contested.

Good gimmick for the general fans of the sport, but I'd like to hold the
members of this list a slightly higher standard.

gh