                http://www.usatf.org
                317-261-0500 x360

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, February 26, 2003

i2sports to feature first-ever webcast of USA Indoor Track & Field
Championships

BOSTON – i2sports, an Internet-based sports broadcaster based at Syracuse
University, will air the first-ever webcast of an elite national
championship event Sunday, March 2, from the 2003 USA Indoor Track & Field
Championships in Boston. The webcast will bring a full day of world-class
competition directly into the homes of track fans in the United States and
around the world as athletes compete to qualify for the 2003 World Indoor
Championships March 14-16 in Birmingham, England.

The webcast can be viewed at www.i2sports.com from 1 p.m. until the
conclusion of events at roughly 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday. Fans can
view the action for $10. The webcast will complement Saturday’s live
national television coverage, which airs March 1 from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Eastern Time on ESPN2.

“We are excited to be able to present Sunday’s competition to a worldwide
audience thanks to this webcast,” said i2sports founder Dr. Kamal Jabbour.
“Some of the biggest names in track and field will be competing Sunday, and
it is gratifying to know that we can bring the 2003 Indoor Track & Field
Championships to the public via www.i2sports.com.”

“We look forward to seeing how one of our best meets translates to a
webcast,” said USATF CEO Craig Masback.

The 4 1/2 hours of coverage will be produced and announced by the i2sports
staff, which have experience with such events as the recent Big East
Championships and the Penn Relays.
Sunday’s webcast will utilize Tandem Multimedia Simulcast technology and
four camera crews.  To view the live webcast, you will need Windows Media
Player 9 (free from Microsoft) and a high-speed Internet connection –
384kbps or faster, cable modem, DSL, T1 or other high-speed access. A
56-kbps, dial-up connection is insufficient, and will likely transmit audio
only.
For a full schedule of events for the 2003 USA Indoor Track & Field
Championships, visit the USATF web site, www.usatf.org

# # #

  • t-and-f: USATF Release: USA Indoor Track & Field ... USATF Communications