Really sad but true.

Also, today in the Chicago Tribune, there is a short piece regarding how the Nat. Basketball Players Assoc. is "not satisfied" with the out-of-competition Olympic drug testing program because it is not part of the NBA players collective-bargaining agreement.

ghill wrote:

aha! But they HAVE learned from the mistakes of track & cycling. Institute a
program that really works and all you do is create  the image of a dirty
sport. They've chosen the much smarter (in a PR sense, not a moral sense)
route taken by the NFL. Ensure that only the realllly stupid ever get
caught. And when you catch them, have penalties that aren't the equivalent
of death sentences. The public is satisfied that you're fighting drugs but
the sport doesn't fall into disreptue because of it. Sad but true.

gh