(with disclaimer that since they "compete" w/ the T&FN Rankings I might have
a vested bias against them)

(second disclaimer--if you're not one of the four people in the world who
cares about the women's shot, you might not want to bother reading any
farther)

The rules were changed this year so that to get into the IAAF Rankigns you
have to have 6 competitions in the preceding calendar year. On surface,
sounds good, but it can lead to some bad results.

Russia's Irina Korzhanenko was the  world's list leader last year at 20.64,
won the Euro Champs by 2ft, the World Cup by almost 4ft. She's tied for 2nd
on the indoor list for this year, taking 2nd on a tiebreaker at the Russian
Champs.

But because she has only 5 meets in the last calendar year, she's not
ranked. I can see "punishing" her by diminishing her score, but not to rank
at all? UCLA's Jessica Cosby is ranked and she's not. Silly.

gh