----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon
To:      undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Khalid Khannouchi commits to run LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon for next
4-years
Date:    Wed, 19 May 2004 14:38:53 +0000

Please see news release announcing Khannouchi's return to Chicago.
   Photos of Khalid are available at chicagomarathon.com

            Khalid Khannouchi RETURNS TO CHICAGO FOR FOUR YEARS
   Long-term Agreement Brings Chicago's Most Famous Marathoner Back Home

    Chicago (May 19, 2004) The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon will once
    again be home to the world's most recognizable marathoner, Khalid
    Khannouchi.  The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon and Khannouchi have
    reached an agreement that will bring him to the streets of Chicago for
    the next four years.

    The four-year deal calls for Khannouchi to participate exclusively in
    Chicago among all fall marathons and will give him the opportunity to
    compete for the world record on a course he has dominated over the
    years.

    With four first-place finishes in Chicago, including a World Record in
    1999 and an American Record in 2002, Khannouchi has become synonymous
    with the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon.  His dominance and epic
    performances on the 26.2 mile route is one of the great sports stories
    in Chicago.

    Khannouchi withdrew from last year's Chicago marathon due to injury.
    After months of treatment and rest, Khannouchi just finished his first
    phase of altitude training and feels better than he has in years?he is
    focused squarely on a top performance in Chicago.

    "I have been in intense training for the past 8 weeks and now feel that
    I can compete at the level I expect of myself for a full marathon,"
    stated Khannouchi.  "Chicago is where I started my marathon career and
    I couldn't think of any other place where I'd like to make my comeback.
    I have a goal in mind and I believe Chicago is just the place I need to
    be to achieve that goal."

    Khannouchi will have tough competition the next few years as last
    year's defending champion, Evans Rutto of Kenya, announced earlier this
    year that he will run Chicago the next two years. Khannouchi tends to
    perform at his best when faced with challenges and tough competition.
    The 2002 London Marathon proves just that as he overcame one of the
    strongest marathon fields ever assembled to lower his own World Record
    with a 2:05:38 victory.

    The dramatic race included Khannouchi passing two of the greatest
    distance runners ever ? Paul Tergat and Haile Gebreselassie ? in the
    final two miles. Khannouchi's London victory was also redemption of
    sorts. He finished third in the 2000 London Marathon in 2:08:36, missed
    the 2000 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials with injuries and dropped out of
    the 2001 World Championships marathon due to severe foot blisters.

    Last year was much the same for Khannouchi as his injuries kept him
    from competing in Chicago and the U.S. Olympic Trials, but if history
    repeats itself, Khannouchi could be at his best ever in 2004.

    "Khalid Khannouchi is one of the most determined athletes I have ever
    come across," added Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski.  "He
    thrives in Chicago and he loves this city.  His injuries are behind him
    and his preparation for this year's race is going extremely well."

    When asked when a world record might return to Chicago, Pinkowski noted
    it has been over a year since Paula Radcliffe shocked the world with
    her then 2:17:18 World Record and he responded frankly:  "I fully
    expect that the new LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon route is designed to
    host a world record attempt on October 10 this year."

    2004 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon
    The 2004 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon takes place Sunday, October 10
    starting and finishing in Chicago's Grant Park.  The race will be
    broadcast live on CBS 2 CHICAGO and ESPN 1000.  Last year's race
    attracted the maximum 40,000 participants.

    Runners may register online at chicagomarathon.com until September 3,
    2004, or when the participation capacity of 40,000 has been reached
    (whichever comes first).  Race weekend entries will not be accepted.
    Printable entry forms for mail-in registration are available online at
    chicagomarathon.com.

    The entrance fee for the Marathon is $80 for U.S. runners and $90 for
    international runners; the registration fee for the American Airlines
    International Fun Run 5K, held during race weekend, is $15 for both
    U.S. and international participants.  Senior citizens, ages 60 and
    older, receive a $5 discount.  In addition, a $5 discount will be
    offered to participants who register using their MasterCard credit card
    or pre-paid card.