"Sorry, I wrote that Feofanova held the world record. The 4.86i was, in
fact, Isinbayeva's own, set at Budapest on March 6.
Yelena Isinbayeva's 4.87m in winning the Norwich Union GP vault at Gatehead
yesterday betters the official world record held by Svetlana Feofanova
(4.86i) and the world outdoor best (4.83m) set earlier this month by Stacy
Dragila. Also getting mighty close to the sixteen-foot barrier--15'11 1/2".

I realize that some people might use a different conversion formula, but Track and
Field News' "Big Green Book" lists 4.87 as 15-11 3/4, while Feofanova's previous mark
of 4.86(i) converts to 15-11 1/4, and 4.88 would bring the record to an even 16-feet.

Walt Murphy