http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=trackandfield&id=1989954

Associated Press

NAIROBI, Kenya -- Olympic bronze medalist Eliud Kipchoge easily won
the 12-kilometer race at Kenya's national cross country championships
Saturday in 34 minutes, 50 seconds.

Moses Mosop was second in 34:59.4 and John Korir third (35:22.2).
Meanwhile, Rose Chepchumba won the women's 8K race in 26:30.2.
Catherine Kirui was second (26:32.8) and Susan Chepkemei third
(26:34.5).

Kipchoge is now ready to take on the rival Ethiopians at the world
cross country championships, which take place March 19-20 in France.
His top competition there will be Kenenisa Bekele, who won Olympic
gold at 10,000 meters and a silver in the 5,000.

"You know from outside people think I had an easy time but it was a
hard race. The scorching heat even made it more difficult," said
Kipchoge, who was third in Athens in the 5,000. "My focus now is on
the world cross country. I want to win the race, but it'll be
difficult because of Bekele."

Over 40 athletes were selected to start residential training Monday in
preparation for the world championships. The team will be cut down to
36 athletes.

ENDS