http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=trackandfield&id=2030949

Reuters Internet Delivery System

NAIROBI, April 6 - Armed thieves burst into Olympic 3,000 metres
steeplechase champion Ezekiel Kemboi's home on Monday and attempted to
steal his gold medal.

Kemboi, who was not at home at the time, said the intruders ordered
his wife to hand over the medal and other valuables.

"They kept asking my wife where it was, but luckily I have deposited
it in a bank vault for safe keeping," he told Reuters by telephone on
Wednesday.

The intruders made off with money and a camera but their attempt to
flee in Kemboi's car failed after it stalled in the driveway. Two
suspects were arrested on Tuesday.

ENDS