Ken,
I once went on an easy run with Lindgren and Prefontaine. Lindgren did all the talking.
Tom
On Aug 11, 2005, at 11:49 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Greetings, all

My observations on last weekend's USATF national masters meet in Hawaii continue with a critique of the event:
http://masterstrack.com/blog/archives/000455.html

Of special note is the fact that distance-running giant Gerry Lindgren wanted to run in nationals but tried to enter a week after the deadline -- and was denied a spot in the field. That also denied the meet a "name" athlete much bigger than Duncan McDonald. It would have brought a ton of mainland press attention to the meet, far more than the local stories and broadcasts.

This is a prime example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

At least Gerry was present to meet with athletes -- and tell some INCREDIBLE stories of his running career. I videotaped a half-hour interview with him and hope to post snippets of the interview online.

Among other things, Gerry says he inspired Steve Prefontaine to pursue a distance-running career.

I'll work on photo and video galleries later this week.

Stay tuned.

Ken Stone
http://www.masterstrack.com