2009/10/12 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:02 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/10/12 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
>>>
>>> Relation: node for start, node for end, list of ways to connect from
>>> start to end
>>>

>> mmm, thanks... now to document it...
>>

> Not sure if you saw it before, but
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2009-October/000038.html
>
> Is that in agreement with what you'd like to see?
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Cartinus <carti...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> And how are you going to find the start and end of those sections without
>> surveying? You won't, not unless you have some external data to import (and
>> you didn't mention anything about that).
>
> Surveying a few points every 100km is easier than surveying every
> house.  And it's likely that most of the starting/end points will
> already be in the database (e.g. the intersection of X Street and Y
> Street).

If we could get away with only survey 1 point every 100km we would
have already have finished earth some years ago and be onto the next
planet....

I suspect you will need to survey which houses are nearest each road
junction plus any gaps, I suspect surveying a few points every 100m is
going to be nearer what you need. With or without having code to
extrapolate house numbers. 100km is the distance from hmm Washington
to Baltimore or London to Oxford (give or take) if your going to only
survey a few points in that distance, I think we have more points
already in the database.

Peter.