On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Randy <rwtnospam-new...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> To me, in the US, boundary=military makes sense from the perspective that
> a military base is usually under federal jurisdiction, rather than the
> state and local jurisdiction of the political/administrative boundaries
> around it.

I don't like the "usually", and I don't like the fact that this
federal exclusive jurisdiction is something which can exist in
non-military areas (such as federal prisons or federal parks) as well.
 I'd rather see "boundary=federal enclave"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_enclave) or something like that
to represent this.

You'd still likely want something=military in addition, but the
jurisdictional issue should be solved once, not repeatedly for each
different situation.