Ok, oops, didn't get to broadcast about it.
but anyway... "Greenways" are (technically) downright confusing to map.

The surfaces dont match, nor to the uses match.. the only thing that is
common is the name. and that there are signs all over the place for it.

In Winnipeg here's an example
http://www.winnipegtrails.ca/trails-maps/sturgeon-creek-pathway/

Here's an example in Peterborough, Ontario
http://www.jaggedpath.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=54

Where the only way i know to map it is to use a relation and call it
"route=greenway" and dont have it render on the cyclemap.   Just map the
sections as appropriate.

If the section is a paved path and there is a line on it and a sign that
says 'bike route'  then it's called a highway=cycleway,
 if it's multi-use and paved..
then highway=track surface=paved bicycle=yes foot=yes motorcar=no
if there are signs that say 'no bikes' then it would be
highway=footway
surface=paved
bicycle=no

And if its gravel.. the consensus is that highway=cycleway is not
appropriate.  Instead highway=track surface=gravel bicycle=yes foot=yes

And if its dirt highway=path surface=dirt works... but ALSO highway=track
surface=dirt bicycle=yes foot=yes sac_scale=btb  .....

Anyway, the point is, that internationally when we say 'bicycle' we are
referring to a road 'push-bike' where the surface is paved.   If the surface
is NOT paved then it's a 'mountain_bike'

.... and if it's an all terrain bike it's called a 'trekking_bike'  .... and
would that be appropriate for a 'greenway'  (following the signs and
bi-passing where no bikes aloud)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenway_%28landscape%29

Here's the wiki about it.. how can we tag something thats foot 'and/or'
bicycle?

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails
-proposed wiki routes (the not confusing kind) Across Canada :-)