Hi,

both kinds of street-side parking are also present all through Italy, and
probably in Europe and in the rest of the world. There has been discussion
about this in the wiki [1]. Personally, I haven't tagged any yet. I think
it's safe to assume (at least in Italy) that the default is that you can
park along the sides.

Simone

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:amenity%3Dparking