... And just to make the point that there are 'different strokes for
different folks' in England it is against the law to ride a bicycle on a
public footpath (except in the rare cases where a legal exception has been
made). This is regardless of whether or not it is feasible to cycle ... And,
as it is a default, public footpaths do not normally have any signage to
indicate 'no cycling' ... I'm not making any recommendation here about
tagging ... Just saying that geographical differences do exist and it may be
useful for any tagging system to allow for this ...

Mike Harris