On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Chris Hill <o...@raggedred.net> wrote:

> Take a look at Beverley racecourse. [1]

Thanks Chris - exactly what I was looking for. I've mapped it with
ways for now
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-27.718139&lon=153.296142&zoom=18&layers=B000FTFT),
I'll have a think about the way vs. area (/multipolygon) debate...

I should probably ask at this point, is there a way to map a feature
as a multipolygon *and* as ways, i.e. to allow the user to choose a
representation as necessary? These would then need to be grouped with
some other relation to indicate the two alternative representations
refer to a common entity. I'm guessing this is too messy for anyone to
have pursued yet...?