At 2010-04-25 07:47, Pieren wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM, <ty...@egunn.com> wrote:
Hello can you please point out an example of using a polygon to define an intersection?   I haven't seen this technique yet.

I don't have one (although I'm pretty sure that someone already tried somewhere as I know that some places have all roads drawn with polygons). I just wanted to say that "simplifying an intersection to a single node" is not "technicaly more accurate".

As far as accuracy, I was referring to it being a single intersection of roads topologically, governed by a single switching strategy - that a single node (or polygon) is more topologically accurate than 2 or 4 nodes.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>