On 3 August 2010 11:28, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I can't remember what happened, and there is nothing really useful on
>> the discussion page at all.
>
> Looks like the usual tussle between mapping at some deep semantic
> level ("can you use the road in the wet season? does it flood? does it
> become muddy? is it illegal to drive on it after rain?") vs mapping
> the concrete ("is there a sign marking this road as a dry weather
> road?")

If it's the discussion I'm remembering, I think the debate may have
started with the tag 4wd_only, (something like that, may not be
exact).  Which had the same issues - people were debating the
questions, while my point of view is that there's a big sign at the
end of the road that has that on it. Then it spread.

Stephen