I would like to clarify some things that aren't clear on the wikipage
for key:source.

If I add a POI using Nearmap imagery to get the exact location (down
to 1m accuracy), but I use a survey for knowledge where abouts the
entity is and what it is, then how should I tag this?

For instance if I know there is a post office box in a certain
location because I went past it, but it cannot be identified from
Nearmap imagery (because its under a tree, or because that red dot on
the imagery is not clear enough to identify as a post box). Up until
now I've just done source:nearmap. But now I saw usage of the
source:location tag, so I was thinking maybe I should be tagging this
as source=survey, source:location=nearmap.

I suppose I could place the POI using the existing map as a reference
(thus not needing to attribute Nearmap, unless of course those roads
that I reference from are sourced from Nearmap...), but I'm mapping to
help create a geodatabase, not so much a single artistically rendered
street map, hence I think that extra accuracy is important.