On 18 August 2010 00:06, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not a programmer but I think that some substring-parsing would be

substring/regex is essentially the same end result.

> sufficient (do you mean this?). For the evaluation of the term you
> will in all cases need a regex (to see if the date and time complies
> with that of the restriction).

That's the point, if you are looking for a limited set of values you
can do a complete match, you don't need to try and do anything as
complex or resource intensive as a regular expression *UNLESS* you
know explicitly that key would need to be parsed in that manner, such
as opening_hours=*...