In established practise, cycleway=lane means "this way is a road which has a
bicycle lane" not "this way is mainly for bicycles". However I see the point
that the lane _itself_ is generally mainly for bicycles.

We don't have the chevron arrows in Australia but we do have bicycle symbols
painted on some streets.

This has been used in some areas to indicate a local bike network, for example,
the Ashfield Council's Local Street Bike Route Network.

http://www.ashfield.nsw.gov.au/page/cycling.html

In other areas it has been used to indicate to bicyclists the safest position
ride (avoiding dangers such as parked car doors opening, or cars overtaking
without leaving enough space).

http://www.yeatesit.biz/transfiles/BrisbaneAndYellowBikesGuide.pdf

In light of this, I don't think the "arrow" part is applicable world-wide. I
suggest going with the name used for the Wikipedia article, Shared lane marking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_lane_marking

Therefore the tagging could be
   cycleway=shared_lane