2010/8/26 Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net>:
>> The word 'generator:' is better than 'power:', but it is still not
>> easy for me to tag a heating (only) station with power=generator.

>> Which rating should be tagged if it is a cogenerating plant?
>> Electricity only? Heat and Electricity?
>
> That's a good point. It keeps getting more complicated! Perhaps we should
> say that it should be the combined rating for now. Providing the means to
> tag the separate outputs for a trigeneration plant could get very messy!

Maybe this can be a reason to separate electrical power and heat? I
think that putting all kind of power "generators" together looks
appealing at first sight, but there might be arguments not to do so as
well.

If you separated different outputs with the main tag, all subtags
might be used several times for output ratings and so on.

i.e.
power:output:electricity=yes
power:output:heat=yes

and
power:rating:electricity=10MW
power:rating:heat=10MW

the suggested semicolon for combinations is never evaluated by any
application (AFAIK).

cheers,
Martin