2010/9/1 Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:26 AM, David Paleino <da...@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:19:49 +0200, David Paleino wrote:
>>
>>> However, I'm using that because I consider "Foo Avenue" as a logical unit, a
>>> "route", even if the way is split (because of oneways, different
>>> classifications, different tags, whatever).
>>
>> See, for example:
>>
>>  http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/143031
>>
>> That's a street with different classifications, a oneway-segment, and a
>> dual-carriageway one.
>
> No, I know what you're grouping. It's the why that I'm unsure about.
> Where's the benefit in this relation?

For starters, David's idea was not about grouping segments of a street
for the sake of it, but to group segments of a street AND house number
nodes. Furthermore, this could help routers in "finding a street",
matching one relation rather than a handful of ways.

I agree with Elena though. While I see the point in not having a
dedicated relation for housenumbers (which associatedStreet is), I
agree that route doesn't seem the most appropriate choice. I wouldn't
be able to suggest a better alternative, though.

Ciao,

Simone