On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Alan Mintz
<alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> At 2011-01-04 07:13, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to tag that a street is downhill in the
>> forward or backward direction?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:incline

Ah yes, that's what I was looking for. I searched for "slope" and
didn't find anything, but now that I added the word slope to it it
should turn up.

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM,  <j...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> Of course, this will require breaking the way into segments each time the
> slope changes between uphill and downhill.  On some terrain this won't be an
> issue, but on rolling terrain you may have to have a great many nodes.
Certainly.

> Also, the slope will need to be determined by someone on the ground, as it
> may not be obvious when looking at an aerial photograph.
It's not exactly obvious on the ground either without a protractor and
level or more complicated surveying equipment, so I'll just go with
up/down. (It is obvious which direction the slope is in many newer
residential subdivisions though, if you have high enough resolution to
see drains, since the side that water won't flow into isn't curved:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=28.417942&lon=-81.491847&zoom=20
)