On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:40:21 -0400, Serge Wroclawski wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM, David Paleino
> <da...@debian.org> wrote:
> > ...and I tried to make a unified proposal some time ago (which I have been
> > following for the few sidewalks I mapped). It has been written down with the
> > help of some osm-it(aly) folks.
> >
> >  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Hanska/Sidewalk
> >
> > Comments? :)
>
> I think that in the area of sidewaks, it mainly mirrors the discussion
> here, so it sounds like we have largely reached consensus. It's great
> that we've all come to similar conclusions on our own- it means we can
> move forward.
>
> David, it's great you've thought so much on these issues. The link you
> sent has proposals for several features, and normal OSM procedure is
> to vote on only one at a time, so let's focus the discussion on
> sidewalks, and then when that's done, we can go through the others.

ACK, even if I don't understand what the "several features" are.
Please disregard the second section titled "Tagging the main way" :)

> I think that way we're less likely to get bogged down and make
> iterative, incremental progress quickly, which is ultimately what we
> both want, I think.

ACK.
Do you think it's a good time to make an official proposal starting from my
page?

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 `. `'`  GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://deb.li/dapal