i think you misread the proposal. you don't tag any capacity tags on a
single parking space. and all common properties can also be defined in
the relation, so no need to tag every single space either. Quote:
"General tags ... defined in the relation are inherited by the
elements inside the collection as long as not mapped otherwise."

the naming for single spaces, as also the usage of the existing
amenity=parking is already in discussion in the comments of the
proposal.

regards,
flaimo