Gleb Smirnoff <gleb...@glebius.int.ru> wrote:

> We are making map, not encyclopedia. So we should provide only name of a
> power plant, and a link to wikipedia article, where any additional info
> can be found, if user of the map is interested in it.
>
> That would be:
>
> power=generator
> generator:source=nuclear
> name=foo
> wikipedia:en=the_foo_nuclear_power_plant

I agree, we should keep things simple. OSM has not to tag every details.
A power plant (nuclear or not) is an important thing in landscape. The
reactor (for exemple) could be also an important thing, but other
elements should be "optionnal".

As also, everyone is allow to tag anything in OSM, so i some wants to
tag details they could. But remember that the "complex" tag shema should
alway be compatible with the basic scheme. So the both can be used and
be compatible.

That's only my opinion of course.
--
Pierre-Alain Dorange