2011/5/13 Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com>:
> OK, but there's still the issue of a so-called "flush median". I think in a
> rural area with few intersections this would be called a dual carriageway. I
> can't find an image, but Interstate 90 used to have one over Lookout Pass in
> Idaho. You can imagine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPaP3K9xp3g with the
> concrete barrier removed.

We should make a difference between "physically impossible" and
"physically possible but legally forbidden". This is important for a
series of situations, e.g. an emergency car in action could cross a
road marking without problems (paying attention to surrounding
traffic), while if would still be physically impossible to cross a
concrete or steel barrier. Ideally our data would allow to extract
this information.

cheers,
Martin