I'm working on the Riverside National Cemetery here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.88467&lon=-117.28189&zoom=17&layers=M after having found their "official" map (non-copyright USVA product) to have mistakes and omissions - seeing a useful contribution for OSM.

Locations within the cemetery are known by section and site. I've drawn the section polygons based on the official maps, Bing imagery, and some discussion with them, but the boundaries do not really render in Mapnik. The latest iteration I've tried tags the individual sections as amenity=grave_yard + boundary=administrative + admin_level=12. If you look carefully, you can see a disruption in the symmetry of the background fill trees along the boundaries, but I'm looking for something a bit more obvious (like the black lines used for barrier=wall).

Well aware not to "tag for the renderer", there are still many different ways to tag here - I'm just looking for a clue as to which one might result in the rendering I'm looking for. If there isn't one, how can I get the default Mapnik rendering to draw a thin, contrasting outline around amenity=grave_yard, assuming there isn't an objection?

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>