2011/7/4 fly <lowfligh...@googlemail.com>:
> Am 04.07.2011 13:03, schrieb M∡rtin Koppenhoefer:
>> 2011/7/2 Gary Gallagher <g.null.dev...@gmail.com>:
>>> I like the proposal. I'm always coming across barriers I can't adequately
>>> tag. The section that also caught my eye was the bit near the end about
>>> subtags like barrier:key=yes/no/number. I've been trying to tag in useful
>>> ways for the blind and was wondering whether this sort of subtag could be
>>> extended to entrances. Or should entrances have an additional barrier=door
>>> tag then a barrier:key=yes/no/number tag?
>>

>> Yes, of course these can be added to entrances (that is their main
>> purpose). I usually tag entrances with building=entrance.
>
> I do not know/find barrier=door. Didi I miss something or do you want to
> add it to the proposal ?

I do not want to add it, because I think that building=entrance does
suit this case (maybe also barrier=gate if you want to use something
from the barrier namespace). In my understanding of the wiki and
tagging history, barrier=entrance does _not_ fit here, because it
defines an opening rather then a closure (IMHO a door can also be
closed while an opening/barrier=entrance is always open).

cheers,
Martin