1) Terms "province", "district", "subdistrict" are not sufficient for
all cases. For example, in Russia there is a term "territorial zone" -
it is not a province, district and subdisctrict, it is term, which is
used in addresses of some houses.
2) Even address contain province, district or subdistrict, we have
problem with mistakes checkers (people think, that losing addr:street
is mistake, software too).
3) I don't insist on term "territory": we can use any another
analogous term, for example, "area".
4) We should have a possibility to mark, that address doesn't contain
street (1) we can't write addr:street=no, because rendereres will
think, that we have street with name "no"; if we write addr:street=no,
where should we write the name of territorial unit?