On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Sander Deryckere <sander...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I've never seen a named gate where I would want the name to be rendered.
> But there's no reason to change the tagging in my view. Just make a ticket
> and see if the mapnik team is willing to render those.

I'm curious why you wouldn't want the name to be rendered? It's a useful
landmark, and in some areas it's how directions are given (e.g. "Fake Gate
is closed at 9PM, so be sure and go through Example Gate instead").

Thanks to XAPI, the database shows that 3,129 out of 221,793 (1.4%)
barrier=gate nodes have a name, so this certainly won't overwhelm the map
with new names.

-Josh