Hi. The proposal for marking building entrances with entrance=* tags was discussed a year and a half ago, but didn't really go anywhere:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/entrance

Notice that there is a conversion mentioned in it, from deprecated building=entrance. Yesterday there was about 4500 nodes with entrance=yes and 1700 with other entrance values.

An hour ago there was a big changset (#9541529) from one of belarusian mappers changing 21640 building=entrance to entrance=yes in several countries, including Russia. This is not the first attempt, and I'm undoing it now. The mappers behind this changeset say that entrance=yes is better, and entrances are not building. Whether this is relevant is disputable, but there are more that 150 000 tags "building=entrance" in the database, and converting them all is a big change. Also, then it will look as the proposal was approved, though it's not.

So, to decide whether entrance=yes should replace building=entrance, I revived that proposal and moved it to the voting stage. Since there is such need to suddenly replace tags, I guess it doesn't need more discussion.

IZ